This policy governs the use of any Insights systems such as Insights Connections and Insights Online
Both Insights Connections and Insights Online are portals operated by Insights Learning & Development Limited a company registered in Scotland with company number SC107074 with its registered address at Terra Nova, 3 Explorer Road, Technology Park, Dundee, DD2 1EG and each of its subsidiaries and affiliates.
We amend the Acceptable Use Policy from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. These terms were most recently updated on 13 June 2023.
By using Insights Connections or Insights Online, you accept the terms of this policy and that you agree to comply with them.
Insights Connections and Insights Online, and other site, system or tool developed by Insights, is intended for you to access Insights resources and materials in order to facilitate and deliver Insights Products internally to your organisation or employer.
We expect that you keep your login credentials unique to you, secret and do not disclose them to any other person for any reason.
Please ensure when creating a password that is not easily guessed by third parties. If you suspect that someone knows your login credentials, please notify Insights and change your password as soon as is possible and ensure to take precautions such as never leaving your account logged in unattended.
If you no longer work for the organisation that you completed your accreditation with, please let Insights know so that your account can be deactivated.
Use of Materials
We request that only use Connections and/ or Insights Online, and any Insights materials found within it in accordance with the training and instructions given to you by Insights.
Unless otherwise expressly agreed by Insights in writing, you may only:
- deliver Insights products internally to your own employer or organisation; and
- use the Insights materials to assist you to deliver and facilitate Insights products internally to your employer or organisation.
You may only access or otherwise handle resources and materials within Connections for the following purposes:
- to prepare for experiences, coaching conversations, or other similar sessions within your organisation;
- to facilitate experiences, coaching conversations or other similar sessions within your organisation; or
- to produce slides for such experiences, coaching conversations or other similar sessions within your organisation.
If you are not an Insights Accredited Practitioner, you must not, and must not permit anyone who is not an Insights Accredited Practitioner, to deliver experiences, coaching conversations or similar sessions or for any other reason.
You may not:
- share a resources or materials with anyone other than those within your organisation who will use them for the sole purpose of preparing or facilitating experiences, coaching conversations or similar sessions within your organisation. You are solely responsible for ensuring that you do not use such materials and do not allow others to use such materials for any unlawful purpose or any purpose other than those set out in this Acceptable Use Policy;
- use the resources in a manner not consistent with the training provided to you by Insights.
- Upon request from Insights, you must delete and cease to use resources or materials within your possession or control;
- Inform Insights of any unauthorised use of resources and/or materials which you are aware of; and
- Inform Insights promptly of any breach or suspected breach of applicable data protection laws.
When using Connections and/or Insights Online, you must ensure all data submitted is accurate and obtained lawfully.
In particular, please ensure that any personal data which you provide to Insights shall be:
- submitted lawfully and without infringement of any intellectual property rights or privacy rights of any person;
- free of any virus ;
- factually accurate;
- provided with all necessary consents of all relevant third parties;
- not defamatory or likely to give rise to an allegation of defamation;
- not obscene, seditious, vulgar, pornographic, sexually explicit, discriminatory or deceptive;
- not abusive, threatening, offensive, harassing or invasive of privacy;
- not racist, sexist or xenophobic;
- not liable to offend religious sentiments or deeply held beliefs; and
- unlikely to cause offence, embarrassment or annoyance to any person.
You may not and must not permit any other person to:
- frame, or use framing techniques to enclose any Connections content, including any trademarks, logos, images, text, page layout, or form;
- use any meta tags or any other "hidden text" incorporating or using any names or trademarks belonging to any member of the Insights Group; or
- use data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools to collect information from Connections.
- for any purpose that is unlawful under any applicable law;
- in any way that impairs, or is likely to impair, the functioning of Insights Online or Connections;
- for fraudulent or criminal purposes; or
- to cause annoyance, inconvenience or anxiety to others;
- to resell anything accessed through Connections or Insights Online;
- download, copy, or otherwise record any data from Connections or Insights Online for the use or benefit of anyone other than those attending an Insights workshop, experience or event facilitated by Insights Accredited Practitioners or for the internal use of Insights Clients;
- to distribute any virus disabling code or other malicious software (including malware, trojan horses, ransomware and spyware);
- for purposes of promoting unsolicited advertising or sending spam;
- to simulate communications from Insights or another service or entity in order to collect identity information, authentication credentials, or other information (‘phishing’);
- in any manner that disrupts the operations, business, equipment, websites or systems of Insights or any other person or entity (including any denial of service and similar attacks);
- in any manner that harms or may endanger any person;
- in connection with any service, use or purpose where the failure of Connections or Insights Online (or any part) may endanger the health or life of any person or cause damage or loss to any tangible property or the environment;
- to promote any unlawful activity;
- to represent or suggest that Insights endorses any other business, product or service unless Insights has separately agreed to do so in writing;
- to gain unauthorised access to or use of any computers, data, systems, accounts or networks of any person;
- in any manner which may impair any other person’s use of Connections or Insights Online or use of any other products or services provided by Insights to any other person;
- to circumvent, or attempt to circumvent, any security controls or mechanisms;
- to circumvent, or attempt to circumvent, any password or user authentication methods of any person;
- in any manner inconsistent with any agreement we may have with you, any training which we have provided to you in respect of its use and any instructions provided by Insights to you from time to time; or
- in any manner which breaches or infringes the intellectual property rights of Insights or the intellectual property rights of any third party;
- in any manner which breaches any legal duty owed to another party (i.e. confidentiality or privacy rights);
Please ensure that you only store materials on Connections or Insights Online that are in line with this Acceptable Use Policy.
In the event that Insights, acting reasonably, believes that you are acting (or about to act) in breach of this Acceptable Use Policy, Insights will immediately and without notice suspect your access to Connections and/or Insights Online.
Insights will take all reasonable measures to maximise the availability of Insights Online. However, as with any digital service, Insights Online will occasionally be unavailable to carry out repairs, regular maintenance or upgrades. Insights may decide, at its sole discretion, the functionality and characteristics of Insights Online.
Interactive Services on Connections
Where Insights do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
When you access Connections you will have access to your own ‘Personal Space’ where you can add content about you. We may also make notice boards, chat rooms or other communication services such as rating posts (“Interactive Services”) available on Connections.
Any Submission you make to our Interactive Services and any other communication to users of our Site by you must conform to standards of accuracy, decency and lawfulness, which shall be applied in our discretion, acting reasonably.
In particular, any Submission must be:
- your own original work and lawfully submitted;
- factually accurate or your own genuinely held belief;
- provided with the necessary consent of any relevant third party;
- not defamatory or likely to give rise to an allegation of defamation;
- not offensive, obscene, sexually explicit, discriminatory or deceptive; and
- unlikely to cause offence, embarrassment or annoyance to others.
You must not add content or make Submissions about someone else, without that person’s permission.
We may remove or edit any Submission to any of our Interactive Services without notice if the Submission does not comply with this Acceptable Use Policy.
By making a Submission, you grant to us a royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive, transferable licence to use, reproduce, modify, publish, edit, translate, distribute, perform and display the Submission (in whole or in part) on Connections, and on any other websites operated by us, indefinitely.
You may only access Personal Profiles for the following purposes:
- to prepare for experiences, coaching conversations, or other similar sessions involving the Profile Recipients;
- to facilitate experiences, coaching conversations or other similar sessions involving Profile Recipients; or
- to produce copies of the Personal Profiles for the respective Profile Recipients;
- to assist Insights Accredited Practitioners with administration in relation to the preparation and facilitation of experiences, coaching conversations or other similar sessions involving the Profile Recipients.
You may not:
- complete our Evaluator in order to create a Personal Profile about someone else without a lawful basis* to do so under the UK GDPR; or
- share a Personal Profile with anyone other than the Profile Recipient, without a lawful basis* to do so under the UK GDPR.
The creation and use of Team Wheels
If you are an Insights Accredited Practitioner, Client Administrator or Insights Administrator, you may only produce, access or otherwise handle Team Wheels for the following purposes:
- to produce copies of Team Wheels in order to facilitate an experience to the relevant team to whom the Team Wheel relates (“Team Members”);
- to facilitate or conduct a coaching conversation in relation to the Team Wheel for the benefit of Team Members;
- to provide Team Members with a copy of the Team Wheel, provided that no Team Member has opted out of being included within the Team Wheel. Where a Team Member has opted out of a Team Wheel (“Opted Out Team Member”), you may share the Team Wheel with other Team Members provided that the Opted out Team Member has been completely removed from the Team Wheel;
- to assist Insights Accredited Practitioners with administration in relation to the preparation and facilitation of experiences, coaching conversations or other similar sessions involving the Team Members.
You may not:
- include a person within a Team Wheel where they have told you that they do not wish to be included within a Team Wheel;
- download, copy or otherwise record details of the Team Wheel for the use or benefit of anyone other than the relevant team;
- include a person in a Team Wheel if you have not provided them with a copy of the relevant Insights Privacy notice and are satisfied that they understand it;
- provide a copy of the Team Wheel to anyone other than those who have a right to have a copy in accordance with the privacy notice.
- Upon request from a Profile Recipient or Team Member, you must permanently destroy from your records all copies of the Personal Profiles and Team Wheels within your possession and which you have control of; and
- Tell Insights of such request so that Insights can ascertain whether the Profile Recipient also wishes Insights to permanently destroy their Personal Profiles and Team Wheels which they are a part of from Insights’ records.
- Where a Profile Recipient, Team Member or other individual exercises their rights in relation to your processing of their data in connection with your use of Insights Online, you will comply with their request and, where applicable, shall tell Insights of such request immediately.
- Handle Personal Profiles and Team Wheels in strict compliance with applicable data protection laws and in accordance with Insights’ published privacy policies and notices.
- Inform Insights promptly of any breach or suspected breach of applicable data protection laws and/or any Insights’ privacy policies and/or notices.
*Lawful basis for processing data is set out in article 6 of UK GDPR may include:
(a) Consent: the data subject has given express consent to process their personal data.
(b) Contract: the processing is necessary for a contract you have with data subject.
© Legal obligation: processing necessary to comply with law.
(d) Vital interests: processing necessary to protect someone’s life.
(e ) Public task: the processing is necessary for you to perform a task in the public interest.
(f) Legitimate interest: the processing is necessary for your legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party.
If you have any questions about this Acceptable Use Policy, please contact us at email@example.com.