Insights Connections (“Connections”) Acceptable Use Policy.
This current Acceptable Use Policy was published on 30 April 2021 (Version 2)
This Acceptable Use Policy (as Updated from time to time) governs how authorised users may access and use Connections.
As a user of Connections it is your responsibility to read and make sure that you understand this policy and to ensure that you comply with it at all times. This policy may be updated from time to time in order to comply with legal and policy requirements.
By accessing or using Connections or otherwise indicating your consent, you agree to be bound by this Acceptable Use Policy. If you do not agree with or accept any part of this Acceptable Use Policy, you should stop using Connections immediately. If you have any questions about this Acceptable Use Policy, please contact us ay firstname.lastname@example.org.
In this Acceptable Use Policy:
‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’ or ‘Insights’ means Insights Learning and Development Limited a company registered in Scotland with company number SC107074 with its registered address at Terra Nova, 3 Explorer Road, Technology Park, Dundee, DD2 1EG and each of its subsidiaries and affiliates.
This Acceptable Use Policy is intended to provide a framework for your use of Connections which you may only use as specifically set out in this policy.
We permit you to use Connections only for non-commercial purposes and primarily to access Insights resources and materials in order to facilitate and deliver Insights Products internally to your organisation or employer.
Use of Connections (or any part of it) in any way not set out in this Acceptable Use Policy, including in contravention of any restriction on use set out in this Acceptable Use Policy, is not permitted. If any person does not agree with the terms of this Acceptable Use Policy, they may not use Connections.
You must keep your login credentials secure.
Your Connections login credentials (i.e. usernames and passwords) are unique to you and it is a condition of using Connections that you keep such login credentials secret and do not disclose them to any other person for any reason. In addition you must:
- take reasonable precautions against third parties learning or guessing your login credentials;
- promptly notify Insights, and change your Connections password, if it is believed someone other than you knows your login credentials; and
- take reasonable precautions, such as logging out of Connections when leaving a computer unattended, to prevent unauthorised access of your account.
If you have access to your employer’s Connections page, you must tell us if you leave such employment so that we can deactivate your account (if we have not already done so).
Restrictions on use
It is a condition of use of Connections that you may not use Connections nor permit it to be used:
- for any purpose that is unlawful under any applicable law or prohibited by this Acceptable Use Policy or any agreement which we have with you;
- in any way that impairs, or is likely to impair, the functioning of Connections;
- for fraudulent or criminal purposes; or
- to cause annoyance, inconvenience or anxiety to others;
- to resell anything accessed through Connections;
- download, copy, or otherwise record any data from Connections for the use or benefit of anyone other than those attending an Insights workshop, experience or event facilitated by Insights Accredited Practitioners or for the internal use of Insights Clients;
- to distribute any virus disabling code (including code intended to limit or prevent any use of any software or system) or other malicious software (including malware, trojan horses, ransomware and spyware);
- for purposes of promoting unsolicited advertising or sending spam;
- to simulate communications from Insights or another service or entity in order to collect identity information, authentication credentials, or other information (‘phishing’);
- in any manner that disrupts the operations, business, equipment, websites or systems of Insights or any other person or entity (including any denial of service and similar attacks);
- in any manner that harms or may endanger any person;
- in connection with any service, use or purpose where the failure of Connections (or any part) may endanger the health or life of any person or cause damage or loss to any tangible property or the environment;
- to promote any unlawful activity;
- to represent or suggest that Insights endorses any other business, product or service unless Insights has separately agreed to do so in writing;
- to gain unauthorised access to or use of any computers, data, systems, accounts or networks of any person;
- in any manner which may impair any other person’s use of Connections or use of any other products or services provided by Insights to any other person;
- to circumvent, or attempt to circumvent, any security controls or mechanisms;
- to circumvent, or attempt to circumvent, any password or user authentication methods of any person;
- in any manner inconsistent with any agreement we may have with you, any training which we have provided to you in respect of its use and any instructions provided by Insights to you from time to time; or
- in any manner which breaches or infringes the intellectual property rights of Insights or the intellectual property rights of any third party;
- in any manner which breaches any legal duty owed to another party (i.e. confidentiality or privacy rights);
Personal Data and communication standards
Your use of Connections must conform to appropriate and lawful standards of accuracy, decency and lawfulness, which shall be applied at Insights’ discretion, acting reasonably. In particular, you warrant and undertake that any personal data which you provide to us shall at all times be:
- submitted lawfully and without infringement of any intellectual property rights or privacy rights of any person;
- free of any virus (at the point of entering any of the Personal Data to Connections or other Insights systems);
- factually accurate;
- provided with all necessary consents of all relevant third parties;
- not defamatory or likely to give rise to an allegation of defamation;
- not obscene, seditious, vulgar, pornographic, sexually explicit, discriminatory or deceptive;
- not abusive, threatening, offensive, harassing or invasive of privacy;
- not racist, sexist or xenophobic;
- not liable to offend religious sentiments or deeply held beliefs; and
- unlikely to cause offence, embarrassment or annoyance to any person.
You may not and must not permit any other person to:
- frame, or use framing techniques to enclose any Connections content, including any trademarks, logos, images, text, page layout, or form;
- use any meta tags or any other "hidden text" incorporating or using any names or trademarks belonging to any member of the Insights Group; or
- use data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools to collect information from Connections.
Personal Space content, notice boards, chat rooms and other interactive services
When you access Connections you will have access to your own ‘Personal Space’ where you can add content about you. We may also make notice boards, chat rooms or other communication services such as rating posts (“Interactive Services”) available on Connections.
We are not obliged to monitor or moderate any text, images, video, audio or other multimedia content, information or material (“Submissions”) submitted to our Interactive Services. Where we do monitor or moderate Submissions we shall indicate how this is performed and who should be contacted in relation to any Submission of concern to you.
We may remove or edit any Submission to any of our Interactive Services whether they are moderated or not.
Any Submission you make must comply with our Submission standards section below.
By making a Submission, you grant to us a royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive, transferable licence to use, reproduce, modify, publish, edit, translate, distribute, perform and display the Submission (in whole or in part) on Connections, and on any other websites operated by us, indefinitely.
Any Submission you make to our Interactive Services and any other communication to users of our Site by you must conform to standards of accuracy, decency and lawfulness, which shall be applied in our discretion, acting reasonably.
In particular, any Submission or communication by you must be:
- your own original work and lawfully submitted;
- factually accurate or your own genuinely held belief;
- provided with the necessary consent of any relevant third party;
- not defamatory or likely to give rise to an allegation of defamation;
- not offensive, obscene, sexually explicit, discriminatory or deceptive; and
- unlikely to cause offence, embarrassment or annoyance to others.
You must not add content or make Submissions about someone else, except with that person’s permission or where you have a lawful basis to do so under applicable data protection law. You are solely responsible for ensuring that you have a lawful basis for creating or uploading content or Submissions where you have not received express permission.
Your access to resources and materials
You may only use Connections, and any Insights materials found within it in accordance with the training and instructions given to you by Insights. Where you use insights materials to deliver Insights products you may only use such products in accordance with the training and instructions given during the Insights Accreditation process.
Unless otherwise expressly agreed by Insights in writing, you may only:
- deliver Insights products internally to your own employer or organisation; and
- use the Insights materials to assist you to deliver and facilitate Insights products internally to your employer or organisation.
You may only access or otherwise handle resources and materials within Connections for the following purposes:
- to prepare for experiences, coaching conversations, or other similar sessions within your organisation;
- to facilitate experiences, coaching conversations or other similar sessions within your organisation; or
- to produce slides for such experiences, coaching conversations or other similar sessions within your organisation.
If you are not an Insights Accredited Practitioner, you must not, and must not permit anyone who is not an Insights Accredited Practitioner, to deliver experiences, coaching conversations or similar sessions or for any other reason.
You may not:
- share a resources or materials with anyone other than those within your organisation who will use them for the sole purpose of preparing or facilitating experiences, coaching conversations or similar sessions within your organisation. You are solely responsible for ensuring that you do not use such materials and do not allow others to use such materials for any unlawful purpose or any purpose other than those set out in this Acceptable Use Policy;
- use the resources in a manner not consistent with the training provided to you by Insights.
- Upon request from Insights, you must delete and cease to use resources or materials within your possession or control;
- Inform Insights of any unauthorised use of resources and/or materials which you are aware of; and
- Inform Insights promptly of any breach or suspected breach of applicable data protection laws and/or any Insights’ privacy policies and/or notices.
Rights to suspend access
Insights may, at its discretion, suspend your access to Connections immediately and without notice if Insights, acting reasonably, believes that you are acting (or are about to act) in breach of this Acceptable Use Policy.
Insights will take all reasonable measures to maximise the availability of Connections. However, as with any digital service, Connections will occasionally be unavailable to carry out repairs, regular maintenance or upgrades.
Insights may decide, at its sole discretion, the functionality and characteristics of Connections.
You are responsible for ensuring that you do not store materials or resources in any manner not consistent with this Acceptable Use Policy.